| Description: ||City of Mercer Island Request for Proposal
WATER AND SEWER CONTROL SYSTEM - HARDWARE/SOFTWARE (RFP #17-11)
ADDENDUM #1 (issued 11/30/2017)
This addendum is hereby made a part of the Request for Proposal for WATER AND SEWER CONTROL SYSTEM - HARDWARE/SOFTWARE, RFP #17-11, and it shall amend the said document in the following respects:
ITEM NO. 1 – NOTICE INVITING PROPOSALS
- Receipt of Proposals: First paragraph, first sentence: Change “2:00 p.m., on December 15, 2017” to read “2:00 p.m., on January 5, 2018”.
- Questions: First paragraph, first sentence: Change “December 4, 2017” to read “December 18, 2017”.
- Pre-Proposal Meeting: Add the following new paragraphs immediately after the first paragraph:
“An alternative mandatory (call-in or in-person) pre-proposal meeting will be held in the Cactus Room, Mercer Island City Hall (9611 SE 36th Street, Mercer Island, Washington) at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on December 14, 2017. Call-in number: (602) 567-4030. Participant code: 4812164. Proposers will be required to call-in or attend in-person one of the two preproposal meetings.”
ITEM NO. 2 – INSTRUCTION TO PROPOSERS
- Selection Schedule: Replace the selection schedule with the following:
“November 21, 2017: Advertise RFP
November 28, 2017: Pre-proposal meeting- 1
December 14, 2017: Pre-proposal meeting- 2
December 18, 2017: Questions due
December 20, 2017: Responses to questions
January 5, 2018: Proposals due
January 23 thru 25, 2018: Interviews
February 1, 2018: Selection of proposal on or about this date”
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This RFP is to solicit proposals to select and procure supervisory control system software and hardware for water and sewer. The control system shall include new supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) humanmachine interface (HMI) software, programmable logic controller (PLC) hardware and software, operator interface terminal (OIT) hardware and software, training, and technical on-call support. Procurement of hardware and software will be completed after design of the full control system upgrade is complete, which is anticipated to be in 2018.
Noteworthy elements of this proposal include:
• The City reserves the right to shortlist and/or request interview or demonstrations from selected proposers’ hardware and software.
• The City will consider both initial and long-term costs in its analysis.
• Procurement and installation of the software and hardware will be completed later; this RFP is for HMI software, master and remote site PLCs, and panelmounted OIT selection and future procurement only.
RECEIPT OF PROPOSALS
Sealed proposals will be received at the City Clerk’s Office, City of Mercer Island, hereafter “City,” located at 9611 SE 36th Street, Mercer Island, Washington, 98040, until 2:00 p.m., on December 15, 2017, for the project titled WATER AND SEWER CONTROL SYSTEM - HARDWARE/SOFTWARE. Questions regarding this request for proposals (RFP) should be emailed to email@example.com
, no later than December 4, 2017.