Public Meeting Held December 8th
More than 300 invitations were sent inviting neighbors to the Monday, December 8th meeting for the presentation of the community center traffic study. Staff presented an overview of the project including landscaping details, explained the review process, and presented the traffic study results. Presentations were followed by a lively question and answer period. A summary of the questions and comments is listed below.
Although the public turnout was lower than anticipated, the quality of the questions and suggestions for traffic improvements were thoughtful. The traffic consultant will consider this public input as the final traffic study is being completed.
Summary of Public Questions/Comments
- Timing of traffic counts (clarified that the full week before Thanksgiving week is a peak Parks and Recreation usage week).
- Impacts of a more active community center; questions on how Luther Burbank (LB) usage was factored in (peak usage at LB is opposite the peak usage of CCMV, when one is most active, the other is least active).
- Existing Traffic Issues on SE 24th St / 81st Ave SE — Many suggestions on how to improve existing conditions on these two streets; thoughtful explanations of current problem areas.
- Bicycle Traffic — Concerns about hazards created by current bicycle usage on streets and intersections near community center.
- Luther Burbank Changes — Questions on either improved or worsening traffic when administrative staff move to LB; question on whether LB can be used to create a service road connecting to NE side of CCMV parcel; comments on pedestrian connections between LB and CCMV.
- Proposed Future Projects Impacts — Concern about impacts of other proposed projects such as the Park-and-Ride and an application for a re-zone in the area.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.